Due to continued concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus, the S.A.D.D. Run/Walk Committee, along with Clark Sports Center, has decided that we will continue to use the virtual format of the 23rd Annual S.A.D.D. Strides for Safety 5K Run/Walk. It will not be possible at this point to continue with plans to gather at Oneonta High School for our usual LIVE 5K Run/Walk and various health fair information tables and activities. Instead we are switching it up to a “VIRTUAL” event!
Our goal in continuing with this event as a virtual 5K event is that there is still great hope that our local schools will be back in session at some point this spring and that local S.A.D.D. Chapters will still be in need of some money so that they can fund after-prom parties, speakers or other S.A.D.D. educational programs. We realize that these have been some extremely difficult times for so many people in our local community, but our hope is to give our students something to look forward to, provide everyone with an opportunity to do something healthy and demonstrate “making good choices” in the midst of this health crisis while at the same time raising a little money for our local S.A.D.D. chapters.
We need students and their families to look at the 2021 race as normalcy and run with respect to the guidelines we are under. We need and want you to post pictures both of your training and then of your run.
The specifics are easy:
- For your safety, ALL registrations will be completed online at https://saddstridesforsafety.itsyourrace.com//event.aspx?id=8944
- Registration will be opened on Monday, February 1st
- We have decreased the participation fee to $15 so as to encourage more participation while still raising some money for local SADD Chapters
- Once registered for the 5K run or walk, you can complete your 5K run or walk anytime and anywhere between Thursday, April 1st and Friday, April 30th, 2021
- Your 5K run or walk can be completed on a route of your choice
- Have fun - being safe is always number one. Please stay within our issued social distancing guidelines
- We encourage you to wear a previous SADD Run/Walk shirt or show your school pride by wearing a school shirt/sweatshirt
- After you complete your run/walk, we encourage you to share your photos with us using the hashtag #SADDstridesforsafety and #clarksportscenterevents. These can be shared on Facebook on the S.A.D.D. Strides For Safety page or Instagram.
- We will not be having our normal age category awards. Instead we will also be handing out random awards. It’s not about how fast or slow you are, it’s about participating and recognizing how important this event is
- You will receive information about how to submit your results via the email you registered with at www.itsyourrace.com
- Since this is now a virtual event, it is a great opportunity for you to invite friends and family from around the country to register and participate