We realize that these have been some extremely difficult times for so many people in our local community, but our hope is to give our students something to look forward to, provide everyone with an opportunity to do something healthy and demonstrate “making good choices” in the midst of this health crisis while at the same time raising a little money for our local S.A.D.D. chapters.
• Registration is currently open
• We have decreased the participation fee to $15 so as to encourage more participation while still raising some money for local SADD Chapters.
• Once registered for the 5K run or walk, you can complete your 5K run or walk anytime and anywhere between Thursday, April 1st and Friday, April 30th, 2021
• You must register by APRIL 15TH if you are interested in a t-shirt!
• Your 5K run or walk can be completed on a route of your choice
• Have fun - being safe is always number one. Please stay within our issued social distancing guidelines.
• We encourage you to wear a previous SADD Run/Walk shirt or show your school pride by wearing a school shirt/sweatshirt.
• After you complete your run/walk, we encourage you to share your photos with us using the hashtag #SADDstridesforsafety and #clarksportscenterevents. These can be shared on Facebook on the S.A.D.D. Strides For Safety page or Instagram.
• We will not be having our normal age category awards. Instead we will be handing out random awards. It’s not about how fast or slow you are, it’s about participating and recognizing how important this event is.
• You will receive information about how to submit your results via the email you registered with at www.itsyourrace.com.
• Since this is now a virtual event, it is a great opportunity for you to invite friends and family from around the country to register and participate.
• In lieu of a LIVE health fair event this year, we encourage you to share what you and your families have been doing in the way of “making good choices” and engaging in healthy decisions during this quarantine period: i.e. trying out yoga, joining an online dance class, trying out new healthy recipes, starting a new hobby, writing letters to residents of a nursing home, etc. Post your accomplishments and pictures to our SADD Strides For Safety Facebook page or to Instagram with #SADDstridesforsafety